Upon the advice from the Chief of the Diplomatic Mission of the Ordo Balliolensis, His Excellency, the Ambassador NA , our Magisterial Convent has decided to recognise officially, as of 01 January 2009, the
following Orders of Traditional Knighthood (in Pink, their nowadays relief) :
See more details on Orders under Knight Obligations.
- L’Ordre du Saint-Sépulcre de Jérusalem (1099)
- L’Ordre Hospitalier de Saint-Jean de Jérusalem (1113) plus tard Ordre Souverain de Malte.
- L’Ordre du Temple de Jérusalem (1118).
Ordo Supremus Militaris Templi Hierosolymitani (OSMTH)
Magistropolis in Porto (Portugal).
- L’Ordre de Calatrava (1158)
- L’Ordre de Saint-Jacques-de-l’Epée (1170)
- L’Ordre de Montjoie (1175)
- L’Ordre d’Alcántara (1177)
- L’Ordre de Saint-Benoît d’Aviz, ou, d’Avis (1187)
- L’Ordre Constantinien de Saint-Georges (1190)
- L’Ordre Teutonique (1198)
- L’Ordre de Saint-Lazare de Jérusalem et Notre-Dame du Mont Carmel (1200)
- L’Ordre de Saint-Georges d’Alfama (1201)
- L’Ordre des Chevaliers Porte-Glaive de Livonie (1202).
Orden der Schwertritter v Livland (OSRL) Magist in Hasselt (B)
Orden der Schwertbrüder v Livland (OSBL) Magist in Lindlar (D)
- L’Ordre de Sainte-Marie d’Espagne (1272)
- L’Ordre de Montesa (1317)
- L’Ordre du Christ du Portugal (1319)
- As of 30 April 2011 our General Convent, held in the Abbey of Orval (Belgium) recognised officially, upon proposition of our Diplomatic Mission and confirmed
by our International Diplomatic Relations, the following Orders. Most of them, recently constituted, officially declared to apply the Codex of the Traditional Knighthood.
- Les Chevaliers de France (Fraternité) (CGCF). Grand Commander in Avignon
- L´Ordre de St Stanislas (OStS). Magistropolis in Piaseczno (Poland)
- Deutscher Ritterorden St Georg (DRSG). Magistropolis in (Germany)
- Ordre Equestre du St Sauveur de Mont-Réal
(OESSM). Magistropolis in Paris (France)
- Cordon Bleu du Saint Esprit (CBdSE). Magistropolis in Erfurt (Germany)
- Orden des Heiligen Erlöser in Aragon (OHEA). Magistropolis in Dinslaken
ORDERS THAT ARE NOT LISTED HERE ABOVE (either in RED
or in PINK) ARE NOT RECOGNISED BY THE ORDO BALLIOLENSIS, WHATEVER THEIR STRATEGIES TO LEGITIMATE
For more info, please contact our Ambassador.
Upon recommendation of the Chief of our Diplomatic Mission, NA , dated February 13, 2011 and endorsed by our General Convent
held in the Abbey of Orval Bouillon (Belgium), some Orders were removed from our International Relations List. Please request an Official Audience to our Ambassador (Consul) if you whish to receive
some verbal information about a specific case. Please realise that our Embassy uses the “Need to Know” clause in divulging sensible information.
- Sovereign Knightly Order of Christ the Savior (SKOCS) Magistropolis in Kiev (Ukraine). Diplomatic
contacts have been established since May 2012. For this Order, the Magisterial Convent agreed, by the
Televote CM 302 dated 22 Janv 2013, to start the procedure of recognition. Further steps toward an eventual recognition are momentary freezed due to severe State Political unrests and instabilities and by lack of a new Ambassador at Large of our
Order. Our General Convent of Paris 23 March 2015, decided to hold this position until further notice !
- Ritter Orden der Ritter vom Stern und der Freundschaft (OSF). Magistropolis in (Germany). For this Order, the Magisterial Convent
agreed, by the Televote dated 30 Nov 2012. CM 298, to start the procedure for an eventual
recognition. Further steps are on hold by lack of a new Ambassador at Large of our Order.
In consequence: For the time being, our Order do not recognise officially these two organisations. However, our Order may
recognise their members INVIDUALLY provided their Knighting is validated by an Official Traditional Chivalrous "Fountain of Honour"