Upon the advice from the Chief of the Diplomatic Mission of the Ordo Balliolensis, His Excellency, the Ambassador NA, our Magisterial Convent has decided to recognise officially, as of 01 January 2009, the following
Orders of Traditional Knighthood (in Pink, their nowadays relief) :
See more details on Orders under Knight Obligations.
- L’Ordre du Saint-Sépulcre de Jérusalem (1099)
- L’Ordre Hospitalier de Saint-Jean de Jérusalem (1113) plus tard Ordre Souverain de Malte.
- L’Ordre du Temple de Jérusalem (1118).
Ordo Supremus Militaris Templi Hierosolymitani (OSMTH)
Magistropolis in Porto (Portugal).
- L’Ordre de Calatrava (1158)
- L’Ordre de Saint-Jacques-de-l’Epée (1170)
- L’Ordre de Montjoie (1175)
- L’Ordre d’Alcántara (1177)
- L’Ordre de Saint-Benoît d’Aviz, ou, d’Avis (1187)
- L’Ordre Constantinien de Saint-Georges (1190)
- L’Ordre Teutonique (1198)
- L’Ordre de Saint-Lazare de Jérusalem et Notre-Dame du Mont Carmel (1200)
- L’Ordre de Saint-Georges d’Alfama (1201)
- L’Ordre des Chevaliers Porte-Glaive de Livonie (1202).
Orden der Schwertritter v Livland (OSRL) Magist in Hasselt (B) Orden der Schwertbrüder v Livland (OSBL) Magist in Lindlar (D)
- L’Ordre de Sainte-Marie d’Espagne (1272)
- L’Ordre de Montesa (1317)
- L’Ordre du Christ du Portugal (1319)
- As of 30 April 2011 our General Convent, held in the Abbey of Orval (Belgium) recognised officially, upon the proposition of
our Diplomatic Mission and confirmed by our International Diplomatic Relations, the following Orders. Most of them, recently constituted, officially declared to apply the Codex of the Traditional
- Les Chevaliers de France (Fraternité) (CF). Grand
Commander in Avignon (France)
- L´Ordre de St Stanislas (OStS). Magistropolis in
- Deutscher Ritterorden St Georg (DRSG). Magistropolis in
- Ordre Equestre
du St Sauveur de Mont-Réal (OESSM). Magistropolis in Paris (France)
- Cordon Bleu du Saint Esprit (CBdSE). Magistropolis in
- Orden des Heiligen Erlöser in Aragon (OHEA).
Magistropolis in Dinslaken (Germany)
ORDERS THAT ARE NOT LISTED HERE ABOVE (either in RED or in PINK) ARE NOT RECOGNISED
BY THE ORDO BALLIOLENSIS, WHATEVER THEIR STRATEGIES TO LEGITIMATE THEMSELVES.
For more info, please contact our Ambassador.
Upon recommendation of the Chief of our Diplomatic Mission, NA , dated February 13,
2011 and endorsed by our General Convent held in the Abbey of Orval Bouillon (Belgium), some Orders were removed from our International Relations List. Please request an Official Audience to our
Ambassador (Consul) if you whish to receive some verbal information about a specific case. Please realise that our Embassy uses the “Need to Know” clause in divulging sensible
- Sovereign Knightly Order of Christ the Savior (SKOCS) Magistropolis in Kiev (Ukraine). Diplomatic contacts have been established since May 2012. For this Order, the Magisterial Convent agreed, by the Televote CM 302 dated 22 January 2013, to start the procedure of recognition. Further steps
toward an eventual recognition are momentary froze due to severe State Political unrests and instabilities and by lack of a new
Ambassador at Large of our Order. Our General Convent of Paris 23 March 2015, decided to hold this position until further notice !
- Ritter Orden der Ritter vom Stern und der Freundschaft (OSF). Magistropolis in (Germany). For this Order, the
Magisterial Convent agreed, by the Televote dated 30 Nov 2012. CM 298, to start the procedure for an
eventual recognition. Further steps are on hold by lack of a new Ambassador at Large of our Order. The General Convent O.B. of 2018, will
reconsider the eventual recognition !
consequence: For the time being, our Order does not recognise
officially these two organisations. However, our Order may recognise their members INDIVIDUALLY provided their Knighting is validated by an Official
Traditional Chivalrous "Fountain of Honour" !
- The Knight Order called "Fraternité Chevaleresque Michaélite"(FCM) and the "Fraternitas Universa Militum" (FUM) ceased all
their activities, as of 2016.