GENERAL NOTE :
Our Diplomatic Mission, through its translation Office, will answer any in-coming correspondance written in English - French - German - Russian - Spanish and Dutch.
The Order adopted two official languages: Latin and French :
For its universality during more than thousand years.
Heir of Latin and Greek, being the world language of diplomacy par excellence, the language of the Sovereign Houses, of the nobility in Europe (Russia and
Middle East included) of the Knight Orders created at the time of the Big Crusades (except for the Teutonic Order) and the mother language of the founder of the Order in 1988.
- The Constitution (Statutes, Statutary Document and Internal Rules) of the Order are written in French. (Official Language of the Order).
However, seen the great number of German Active Members, our Order translated this document in German.
- The Charters of the Order are written in Latin or French. (Official Languages of the Order).
- The Procedures of the Investitures are either in French or in Latin. They may be translated in the language of the “Impétrants” in order to
enable them to understand the various steps of their Knighting. The Publication of the Ordo Balliolensis, called “Bajulus” as well as other publications on Internet
is in English for universality reasons. Texts in the “Bajulus”, being written by occasional writers, are published in the language in which they were deposed at the redaction. The
publication of the Bajulus has been suspended since 2008.
- The Masterly Communications (CM), the Masterly Ordinances (OM) and the
Diplomatic Missives (MD) intended for foreign Sovereigns or Higher Order authorities are, by
respect, courtesy and good manners, written in the language of the addressee. However, French and English, for obvious reasons of universality, will have at all time priority. Copies of these
CM, OM and MD addressed to foreign Diplomatic missions “may” but
“do not have to” be translated into French. Foreign Diplomatic Missions should
have the above-mentioned documents translated by their own translation services. It would be odd diplomatic to claim or require such translations from the Ordo Balliolensis.
- It is mandatory for the Princes of our Order to speak, read and write fluently, in addition of French, at least one other International
language such as English, German, Spanish or Russian.